Old 24-08-2004, 04:52 PM
Raleighgirl

Default weed id please

I have a very troubling weed. It is flat to the ground with
round leaves and grows on thread-like stems. It spreads like
wild fire, even choking out (*&)*&() stilt grass! It seems to
eat weed and feed like fertilizer. HELP!
Thanks,
Raleighgirl

Old 05-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Registered User

Location: Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleighgirl
I have a very troubling weed. It is flat to the ground with
round leaves and grows on thread-like stems. It spreads like
wild fire, even choking out (*&)*&() stilt grass! It seems to
eat weed and feed like fertilizer. HELP!
Thanks,
Raleighgirl
I believe that what you are talking about is ground ivy. Roundup is the only effective cure, but, of course, is a contact herbicide and will kill anything it touches. The "advantage", if there is one, of the way ground ivy grows is that weed killer applied to one end of a long tendril will be taken into the root system of the whole plant!

Old 05-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Raleighgirl

O THAT'S IT! Thank you so much.