Old 15-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Wayne

Default Planning to install Irrigation System

Hi,

I'm planning to install an irrigation system at my Cary home. I helped
install one a few years back for a home in Durham so I know the basics
of planning the system and installing it. I do have a few questions
though..

1. Can anyone point me to the Cary permit/inspection/fees info on their
website? What's the Cary process? I assume it's quite different than
the Durham process 4-5 years ago. I wasn't able to find much info on
my first pass and the department hasn't returned my message yet.

2. Anyone have recommendations for local equipment suppliers (besides
HD or Lowes)? We bought our stuff a few years back from the Toro
dealer off 70/Glenwood Ave.. I believe they have either closed or
moved elsewhere.. anyone know where?

Finally, if anyone has recommendations on which brands they prefer
(Hunter, Rainbird, Toro, etc.), please share your thoughts. Does it
make sense to buy the equipment online, or should I stay local?

Thanks, Wayne

Old 15-02-2005, 10:29 PM
DonS

In article .com, "Wayne" wrote:

1. Can anyone point me to the Cary permit/inspection/fees info on their
website? What's the Cary process? I assume it's quite different than
the Durham process 4-5 years ago. I wasn't able to find much info on
my first pass and the department hasn't returned my message yet.

http://www.townofcary.org/depts/pwde...irrigation.htm

http://www.townofcary.
org/depts/pwdept/water/waterconservation/irrigationpermit.htm
Old 16-02-2005, 04:26 AM

2. Anyone have recommendations for local equipment suppliers (besides
HD or Lowes)? We bought our stuff a few years back from the Toro
dealer off 70/Glenwood Ave.. I believe they have either closed or
moved elsewhere.. anyone know where?

try: http://www.sheminnurseries.com/prodwebsite/home.nsf

they are located in Morrisville
From I-40:

Take exit 28S to Morrisville after crossing NC Rte 54. Turn right on
Church St. Shemin Nurseries is one mile down on the right-hand side at
580 Church St.

Old 16-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Doc Muhlbaier

John Deer Landscapes on US 64 near Apex has Rianbird. I haven't been there,
but my landscaper likes them.

Doc Muhlbaier
Duke
oups.com...

Old 16-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Derek Mark Edding

Wayne wrote:

1. Can anyone point me to the Cary permit/inspection/fees info on their
website? What's the Cary process? I assume it's quite different than
the Durham process 4-5 years ago. I wasn't able to find much info on
my first pass and the department hasn't returned my message yet.

The permit process and fee questions & answers are he

http://www.townofcary.org/depts/dsdept/I&P/inpfaq.htm

Sorry, I haven't installed one of my own yet.

-dreq

Old 17-02-2005, 04:17 PM
Wayne

Just dropped by Shemin this morning.. quite helpful staff. They only
carry Hunter and Rainbird, and pointed me to STI off ACC Blvd. for
Toro. Need to do more research on quality/value betw. the products.
Will also check the other dealers mentioned here.