GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Maxillaria phoenicanthera (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153380-maxillaria-phoenicanthera.html)

Niek Hanckmann 25-11-2006 04:30 PM

Maxillaria phoenicanthera

Oops, I forgot to share this one. I bought this plant a year ago in the
Krefeld show (Germany). Floria from Brazil was their with their famous
plants in plastic bags. Little roots, but healty plants. This is what
grew out of a €8-plant in a year time!

Greets, Niek

Niek Hanckmann 25-11-2006 05:02 PM

Maxillaria phoenicanthera

This was written in a hurry...

So I bought the plant AT the Krefeld Show. The vendor is called FLORALIA
and she was THERE.
Any other mistakes point out that I am not a native English writer...

Greets, Niek

Eric Hunt[_1_] 25-11-2006 05:16 PM

Maxillaria phoenicanthera

Niek,

*laff* this Native English speaker understood your first post just fine.

Great little species! It's in the picta complex.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Kathy O'Neill 30-10-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Hunt[_1_] (Post 688126)
Niek,

*laff* this Native English speaker understood your first post just fine.

Great little species! It's in the picta complex.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Niek Hanckmann" wrote in message
This was written in a hurry...

So I bought the plant AT the Krefeld Show. The vendor is called FLORALIA
and she was THERE.
Any other mistakes point out that I am not a native English writer...

I too bought that same Maxillaria from Floralia in Santa Barbara a couple of years ago at the fair. Mine seems to be languishing and has not bloomed. It's in a small clay pot with fine bark mix, and gets intermediate to cool temps and south west lighting and medium quantity of h2o. Any advice would be great! Thanks, Kathy