GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Paph. villosum x Fox Valley (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153459-paph-villosum-x-fox-valley.html)

wendy7 09-12-2006 06:20 AM

Paph. villosum x Fox Valley

2 Attachment(s)
Paph. villosum x Paph. Fox Valley AM/AOS. Another one from a member of RGO,
our very own Rob Halgren in 2001
The flash really brought out colours, a little too much.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

V_coerulea 09-12-2006 12:41 PM

Paph. villosum x Fox Valley

"wendy7" wrote in message
Paph. villosum x Paph. Fox Valley AM/AOS. Another one from a member of
RGO,
our very own Rob Halgren in 2001
The flash really brought out colours, a little too much.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Does your camera have a way to digitally decrease the amount of light while
using the flash? I find that a great way to use the flash to fill in shadows
while the digital light control prevents color over-saturation. I think it's
better than, and definately takes less time than, using Photoshop for flash
correction.
Gary

Susan Erickson 09-12-2006 06:47 PM

Paph. villosum x Fox Valley

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 07:41:21 -0500, "V_coerulea"
wrote:

"wendy7" wrote in message
Paph. villosum x Paph. Fox Valley AM/AOS. Another one from a member of
RGO,
our very own Rob Halgren in 2001
The flash really brought out colours, a little too much.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Does your camera have a way to digitally decrease the amount of light while
using the flash? I find that a great way to use the flash to fill in shadows
while the digital light control prevents color over-saturation. I think it's
better than, and definately takes less time than, using Photoshop for flash
correction.
Gary

One way to soften a flash up is to cover it with one layer of a well
worn men's handkerchief. The thin white cotton softens the light just
enough to cut the harshness with out removing the amount needed to
help fill shadows.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

wendy7 11-12-2006 04:12 PM

Paph. villosum x Fox Valley

*G* Hah! Gary, I am all thumbs & no brainers when it comes to
photography. I really should take some time out for a class or two.
I wonder if there is something easy on the net?