Old 26-12-2006, 02:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Registered User

Default A College Teenie In Tiny Panties

Folks, If you'd prefer not to see this sort of spam in this newsgroup,
please forward a copy of these type messages to the Abuse address in
the message header, ' in this particular case.
Old 26-12-2006, 04:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks Larry & my Bit Defender told me that it was infected so "CAUTION"

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Old 26-12-2006, 06:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Registered User

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 08:23:53 -0800, "wendy7" wrote
in :

Thanks Larry & my Bit Defender told me that it was infected so "CAUTION"

It only takes a minute to report these spammers, and it really works.

Here's the reply I got from Shaw:

Thank you for your information regarding the alleged violation of the
Shaw Internet Acceptable Use Policy.

Based on the information provided, we have identified the offending
computer and will take appropriate action(s).

These actions may be:
- Issue a warning by email indicating a complaint has been registered
- Issue a warning that service may be suspended if activity continues
- Suspend or terminate Shaw Internet connection to customer

If your message is in regard to any threat of violence, bodily harm,
or other danger, please contact your local Law Enforcement Authorities
immediately!
If you feel this case also consists of illegal activity, we encourage
you to issue a formal complaint with your local Law Enforcement
Authorities.
If warranted, Shaw will cooperate fully with the Law Enforcement
Authorities involved.

Our AUP can be located at https://secure.shaw.ca/policy/Use-Policy.asp
for reference.

Regards,

Acceptable Use Policy Management Team
Shaw High-Speed Internet Service
Shaw Cablesystems G.P.
2400 - 32nd Avenue N.E.
Calgary, Alberta, T2E 9A7
Telephone: (403)750-7420
Facsimile: (403)539-6831

(cp)
https://secure.shaw.ca/policy/Use-Policy.asp

Please include all previous correspondence when replying

Sender: joe
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 09:00:05 GMT

This is a multi-part message in MIME format

--=3D_NextPart_2rfkindysadvnqw3nerasdf

--=3D_NextPart_2rfkindysadvnqw3nerasdf
Old 26-12-2006, 08:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
al al is offline

shaw.ca is one of those companies that WILL take action. Some others do not
care so much.

Old 27-12-2006, 12:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Registered User

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 17:44:30 GMT, "Ray B"
wrote in 2cdkh.5049$dw6.2038@trndny02:

Likewise, with Avast.

So you're warned, but others are not, and the newsgroup is littered
with junk.

Report them spammers!

An Outlook Express user provided this method of seeing the message
headers:

To view the message headers in Outlook Express, it's simply a
matter of choosing the "File/Properties..." menu item while the
message is selected, and then looking at the "Details" tab in that
dialog.

For Outlook, you might have to use the "View/Options..." menu item
instead; that's where you'd find message headers for email
messages anyway.

Look for the 'X-Complaints-To:' header field to find the appropriate
e-mail address to forward the offending post

A superior product for reading Usenet in my opinion is Forte Agent
available free he http://www.forteinc.com/agent/download.php

Rate This Thread: