Old 04-01-2007, 08:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Continuing tour of ABG - Epidendrum criniferum

This a lovely Epi found from Central America through to Peru
~John

Attached Thumbnails
Continuing tour of ABG - Epidendrum criniferum-epidendrum-criniferum.jpg
Old 04-01-2007, 02:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 19:59:06 +1100, "John Varigos"
wrote:

This a lovely Epi found from Central America through to Peru
~John

Wow is that flower as large as the photo suggests or just a
perspective trick?

Lovely tour. Thanks for showing us the insides of Danny's domain and
the sneak peek was not necessary -- we are all watching closely for a
view of Eric's territory.

The Red Hat Society is a social organization for women over the age of
50. http://www.redhatsociety.com/info/howitstarted.html? "The Red
Hat Society began as a result of a few women deciding to greet middle
age with verve, humor and elan. We believe silliness is the comedy
relief of life, and since we are all in it together, we might as well
join red-gloved hands and go for the gusto together. Underneath the
frivolity, we share a bond of affection, forged by common life
experiences and a genuine enthusiasm for wherever life takes us next."

It takes it's name and theme from the poem "Warning".
http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/warning/

SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids
Old 04-01-2007, 08:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi SuE

The flowers are a reasonable size - about 5 - 6 cm (a bit over 2 inches) -
certainly wouldn't call it a miniature.

Thanks for the background on the Red Hat Society. I love their motto: "All
my life, I've done for you. Now it's my turn to do for me."

~John

Old 04-01-2007, 09:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Whiskers! I love orchid whiskers!

Diana

Old 04-01-2007, 11:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Aren't they great!

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Whiskers! I love orchid whiskers!

Diana

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

ABG Bog Gardens danny Orchid Photos 1 28-05-2007 09:59 PM
A few from ABG - Cymbidium chloranthum danny Orchid Photos 0 28-05-2007 03:48 AM
A few from ABG - Renanthera bella danny Orchid Photos 2 19-02-2007 04:41 AM
ABG Public Display Area John Varigos Orchid Photos 0 03-01-2007 01:47 PM
ABG Library John Varigos Orchid Photos 0 03-01-2007 01:47 PM