GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trip to RF Orchids (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153762-trip-rf-orchids.html)

Diana Kulaga 29-01-2007 10:56 PM

RF: A Visitor to the Garden

1 Attachment(s)
This little guy is *not* a statue. They imported him from the alligator
farm, and will return him before he gets too big to handle. Meanwhile, he is
happily sunning himself on the edge of the fish pond.

Diana

Diana Kulaga 29-01-2007 11:02 PM

RF: Dendrobiums

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of large Dends, just kinda hangin' out...and a bird to watch over
one.

Diana

Diana Kulaga 29-01-2007 11:03 PM

Dendrobiums

Oops! Frank cut out the bird, LOL!

Diana

Diana Kulaga 29-01-2007 11:07 PM

RF: Assorted Pics of the Grounds

2 Attachment(s)
The mature plantings were something to behold. If you look to the left of
the big Epi, you'll see a chickee hut.

Diana

Diana Kulaga 29-01-2007 11:09 PM

Assorted Pics of the Grounds

Sorry. That's an Encyclia.

Diana Kulaga 29-01-2007 11:12 PM

RF: Last Ones

2 Attachment(s)
What would a property be without a giraffe? And the pool is mere steps from
a large patio with a bar and a grill.

Some of us would have been quite content to be left behind when the caravan
left!

Diana

wendy7 30-01-2007 12:46 AM

Last Ones

What a trip! Lovely specimen plants, shall have to visit.
Thanks for the show.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Diana Kulaga 30-01-2007 01:07 AM

Last Ones

Well, Wendy, if you are going to come down for the WOC, RF is quite close
by, so you can see it then!

Diana

tbell 30-01-2007 01:07 AM

RF: Last Ones

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:12:20 -0800, Diana Kulaga wrote
(in article ):

What would a property be without a giraffe? And the pool is mere steps from
a large patio with a bar and a grill.

Some of us would have been quite content to be left behind when the caravan
left!

Diana

Very nice tour, Diana. Right now the tropical life sounds enticing!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Diana Kulaga 30-01-2007 02:11 AM

RF: Last Ones

Tropical indeed! It's going down into the 30's here tonight, according to
reports, so we have brought all the Vandas inside, as well as the Phals.
Everything else is sheeted up. Of course, it's usually a false alarm, and we
only get down to 45 or so. Can't take the chance, though. The pool is warmer
than the air!

Global warming, pffft! We never used to get so cold in winter here.

Diana

wendy7 30-01-2007 04:39 PM

Last Ones

Working on this Diana, it's never a problem, as my hubby is always ready
to travel, I am the one that likes to stay home.
I remember going to the Redlands show & also visiting RF but not like your tour!

Diana Kulaga 30-01-2007 08:01 PM

Last Ones

RF does tours for the public at given times during the day. Before you come
down, check on the times to make your plans (see? I'm assuming you'll be
here!).

Diana

SuE 31-01-2007 07:43 PM

RF: Last Ones

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:12:20 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

What would a property be without a giraffe? And the pool is mere steps from
a large patio with a bar and a grill.

Some of us would have been quite content to be left behind when the caravan
left!

Diana

Wonderful tour. g How brilliant to leave your camera at home so you
could fully enjoy the sights, without a worry about camera settings.

Diana Kulaga 31-01-2007 10:13 PM

RF: Last Ones

How brilliant to leave your camera at home so you
could fully enjoy the sights, without a worry about camera settings.

I had enough to do riding herd on a bus load of people!

D.

unknown[_1_] 03-02-2007 01:54 AM

RF: Phal House

In article ,
"Diana Kulaga" wrote:

Lots of people think that RF deals exclusively with Vandaceous plants, but
they do quite a bit more. Vandas are what they are famous for, but take a
look at the Phal house!

Diana

where is the phal house? is it on the same grounds as the retail
part...? (that's all i saw when i was there--bob was about to lead a
tour, and i was in a hurry otherwise i would have tagged along. i
should have. :)

--j_a