GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/155395-santa-barbara-orchid-fair-march-2007-5-5-a.html)

Larry Dighera 18-03-2007 01:44 AM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

1 Attachment(s)

Diana Kulaga 18-03-2007 06:22 PM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

Something's wrong, Larry. I get gibberish.

Diana

Larry Dighera 18-03-2007 08:07 PM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:22:25 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote in
:

Something's wrong, Larry. I get gibberish.

Diana

I'm sorry for your difficulty. Perhaps Microsoft Outlook Express is
incapable of decoding yEnc encoded files?

Diana Kulaga 18-03-2007 08:10 PM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

Don't know, Larry, but I can see everything else here. I seem to remember
this happening once or twice before (not you) and there was a fairly large
group that couldn't get the pix.

No worries.

Diana

Bob Walsh 18-03-2007 10:58 PM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

Larry,

Outlook doesn't decode yEnc. Other binaries I go to usually the poster
includes yEnc in the title line so those who can't decode (me too) it can
skip over it. I'm on cable so it's not a big deal but to wait for it on
dial-up may take a while and then they can't see it.

Any chance of posting in something else? I know a lot of us would like to
see your pictures.

Bob

Diana Kulaga 19-03-2007 12:01 AM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

I'm not on dial up, so it's not a big deal to me. but I, too, would enjoy
the pictures!

Diana

. ..

tennis maynard 19-03-2007 01:47 AM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

I'm on cable so size is not a problem, and I'm using Thunderbird on my
Mac. I see all the other pics, just not this series.

Larry Dighera 19-03-2007 09:58 AM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:58:21 -0500, "Bob Walsh"
wrote in
:

Larry,

Outlook doesn't decode yEnc. Other binaries I go to usually the poster
includes yEnc in the title line so those who can't decode (me too) it can
skip over it. I'm on cable so it's not a big deal but to wait for it on
dial-up may take a while and then they can't see it.

Any chance of posting in something else? I know a lot of us would like to
see your pictures.

Okay. I'll try re-posting the photos uuencoded, but it will be as
time permits.

Anyone who want's to view them now can download the free Agent
newsreader:
http://ftp3.forteinc.com/pub/agent/e...nu420-1118.exe

Niek Hanckmann 19-03-2007 12:08 PM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

Hi Larry,

Same problem with me here. Thunderbird cannot decode multipart yEnc. I
use GrabIt as well. That can decode, but I only get about five pictures.
The rest of the data is collected in unreadable text files.

So please shrink the pictures a bit more and post them as normal
attachments so that we all can enjoy the show!

Greets, Niek

Larry Dighera 19-03-2007 01:02 PM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:08:52 +0100, Niek Hanckmann
wrote in
:

Same problem with me here. Thunderbird cannot decode multipart yEnc. I
use GrabIt as well. That can decode, but I only get about five pictures.
The rest of the data is collected in unreadable text files.

The difficulty is probably a result of the news reader program not
getting the correct parts associated, as they all have very similar
subjects.

If you manually specify which parts make up the multi-part post, do a
date/time sort first. That should help get the correct parts in
chronological order.

Sorry for the difficulty.

Thanks for the feedback.

tennis maynard 19-03-2007 01:12 PM

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:58:21 -0500, "Bob Walsh"
wrote in
:

Larry,

Outlook doesn't decode yEnc. Other binaries I go to usually the poster
includes yEnc in the title line so those who can't decode (me too) it can
skip over it. I'm on cable so it's not a big deal but to wait for it on
dial-up may take a while and then they can't see it.

Any chance of posting in something else? I know a lot of us would like to
see your pictures.

Okay. I'll try re-posting the photos uuencoded, but it will be as
time permits.

Anyone who want's to view them now can download the free Agent
newsreader:
http://ftp3.forteinc.com/pub/agent/e...nu420-1118.exe

Thanks for re-posting. I'm curious as to why you took the step to
'encode them' in the first place. I don't really know anything about
encoding things. And the newsreader file seems to be a proprietary thing
that only works on those clunky non-Macs.

SuE 19-03-2007 01:37 PM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:58:01 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:58:21 -0500, "Bob Walsh"
wrote in
:

Larry,

Outlook doesn't decode yEnc. Other binaries I go to usually the poster
includes yEnc in the title line so those who can't decode (me too) it can
skip over it. I'm on cable so it's not a big deal but to wait for it on
dial-up may take a while and then they can't see it.

Any chance of posting in something else? I know a lot of us would like to
see your pictures.

Okay. I'll try re-posting the photos uuencoded, but it will be as
time permits.

Anyone who want's to view them now can download the free Agent
newsreader:
http://ftp3.forteinc.com/pub/agent/e...nu420-1118.exe

With Agent I saw some pix. But not the latest bunch and all I
received were triplicated. Your whole post came as multiple answers
to your self and multiple times.

SuE

Larry Dighera 19-03-2007 02:13 PM

Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:12:00 -0400, tennis maynard
wrote in
:

I'm curious as to why you took the step to
'encode them' in the first place.

Tennis,

Because the photographic image files contain non-ASCII characters, and
the fact that Usenet was conceived as a text-only medium, all posting
programs must encode binary files destined for Usenet, or the
non-ASCII data will be lost.