Old 18-03-2007, 01:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Registered User

Default Santa Barbara Orchid Fair March 2007 (5/5)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 33_P3170669.jpg (106.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 18-03-2007, 06:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Something's wrong, Larry. I get gibberish.

Diana

Old 18-03-2007, 08:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Registered User

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:22:25 -0400, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote in
:

Something's wrong, Larry. I get gibberish.

Diana

I'm sorry for your difficulty. Perhaps Microsoft Outlook Express is
incapable of decoding yEnc encoded files?
Old 18-03-2007, 08:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Don't know, Larry, but I can see everything else here. I seem to remember
this happening once or twice before (not you) and there was a fairly large
group that couldn't get the pix.

No worries.

Diana

Old 18-03-2007, 10:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Larry,

Outlook doesn't decode yEnc. Other binaries I go to usually the poster
includes yEnc in the title line so those who can't decode (me too) it can
skip over it. I'm on cable so it's not a big deal but to wait for it on
dial-up may take a while and then they can't see it.

Any chance of posting in something else? I know a lot of us would like to
see your pictures.

Bob

Old 19-03-2007, 01:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I'm on cable so size is not a problem, and I'm using Thunderbird on my
Mac. I see all the other pics, just not this series.
Old 19-03-2007, 09:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Registered User

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:58:21 -0500, "Bob Walsh"
wrote in
:

Larry,

Outlook doesn't decode yEnc. Other binaries I go to usually the poster
includes yEnc in the title line so those who can't decode (me too) it can
skip over it. I'm on cable so it's not a big deal but to wait for it on
dial-up may take a while and then they can't see it.

Any chance of posting in something else? I know a lot of us would like to
see your pictures.

Okay. I'll try re-posting the photos uuencoded, but it will be as
time permits.

Anyone who want's to view them now can download the free Agent
newsreader:
http://ftp3.forteinc.com/pub/agent/e...nu420-1118.exe
Old 19-03-2007, 12:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Larry,

Same problem with me here. Thunderbird cannot decode multipart yEnc. I
use GrabIt as well. That can decode, but I only get about five pictures.
The rest of the data is collected in unreadable text files.

So please shrink the pictures a bit more and post them as normal
attachments so that we all can enjoy the show!

Greets, Niek

Old 19-03-2007, 01:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Registered User

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:08:52 +0100, Niek Hanckmann
wrote in
:

Same problem with me here. Thunderbird cannot decode multipart yEnc. I
use GrabIt as well. That can decode, but I only get about five pictures.
The rest of the data is collected in unreadable text files.

The difficulty is probably a result of the news reader program not
getting the correct parts associated, as they all have very similar
subjects.

If you manually specify which parts make up the multi-part post, do a
date/time sort first. That should help get the correct parts in
chronological order.

Sorry for the difficulty.

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 19-03-2007, 01:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:58:21 -0500, "Bob Walsh"
wrote in
:

Larry,

Outlook doesn't decode yEnc. Other binaries I go to usually the poster
includes yEnc in the title line so those who can't decode (me too) it can
skip over it. I'm on cable so it's not a big deal but to wait for it on
dial-up may take a while and then they can't see it.

Any chance of posting in something else? I know a lot of us would like to
see your pictures.

Okay. I'll try re-posting the photos uuencoded, but it will be as
time permits.

Anyone who want's to view them now can download the free Agent
newsreader:
http://ftp3.forteinc.com/pub/agent/e...nu420-1118.exe

Thanks for re-posting. I'm curious as to why you took the step to
'encode them' in the first place. I don't really know anything about
encoding things. And the newsreader file seems to be a proprietary thing
that only works on those clunky non-Macs.
Old 19-03-2007, 01:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:58:01 GMT, Larry Dighera
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:58:21 -0500, "Bob Walsh"
wrote in
:

Larry,

Outlook doesn't decode yEnc. Other binaries I go to usually the poster
includes yEnc in the title line so those who can't decode (me too) it can
skip over it. I'm on cable so it's not a big deal but to wait for it on
dial-up may take a while and then they can't see it.

Any chance of posting in something else? I know a lot of us would like to
see your pictures.

Okay. I'll try re-posting the photos uuencoded, but it will be as
time permits.

Anyone who want's to view them now can download the free Agent
newsreader:
http://ftp3.forteinc.com/pub/agent/e...nu420-1118.exe

With Agent I saw some pix. But not the latest bunch and all I
received were triplicated. Your whole post came as multiple answers
to your self and multiple times.

SuE
Old 19-03-2007, 02:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Larry Dighera's Avatar
Registered User

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:12:00 -0400, tennis maynard
wrote in
:

I'm curious as to why you took the step to
'encode them' in the first place.

Tennis,

Because the photographic image files contain non-ASCII characters, and
the fact that Usenet was conceived as a text-only medium, all posting
programs must encode binary files destined for Usenet, or the
non-ASCII data will be lost.

Rate This Thread: