Old 05-04-2007, 12:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Tolumnea Jairak Rainbow

My Lowe's store always has a bunch of orchids but 99% are Phals or Dendrobs
and always priced out of sight for mostly no-name orchids. 6" pots are $25
and 4" are $14-15. Even dead ones are only marked down 1/2 price -
litterally dead, like no leaf phals with a brown flower stem held up with a
bamboo stake for $12. The occasional vandaceous plant is $40-50 until it
dies. Sometimes they get some Paphs or Onc hybrids all in the same price
range. Anyway, the point of this tirade is that yesterday we were passing by
the orchid display at the local Lowe's and WOW! - a whole flat of blooming
Tolumneas. Most wer marked Tol Jairak Rainbow which they obviously were not.
But they were nice plants and "pretty flowers" (did I ever mention that my
wife loves minis?) I know Jairak Rainboe comes in a range of colors so the
one I labelled that way may actually be. The other 2 are just nice.
Gary

Attached Thumbnails
Tolumnea Jairak Rainbow-tol-1.jpg   Tolumnea Jairak Rainbow-tol-jairak-rainbow.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tol #2.jpg (101.3 KB, 86 views)

Rate This Thread: