Old 10-04-2007, 05:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default QOS Show - Ornithophora radicans

Tiny blooms, but a really interesting specimen plant. Is it common in
collections elsewhere?
Dave Gillingham

Attached Thumbnails
QOS Show - Ornithophora radicans-ornithophora-radicans.jpg
Old 11-04-2007, 01:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I've never seen it, but it looks great. My wife would love it.
Gary

Old 13-04-2007, 11:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

You know, I do have a mount of this being grown under the older name of
Sigmatostalix radicans. It's not very free flowering like yours so I didn't
even recognize it. Is there a trigger for flowering?
Gary

Old 14-04-2007, 04:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Gary, I'm sorry - I have no idea. The photo I took at the show was the first
time I had seen it. Could the difference be environment? I'm not sure where
you are, but here you're looking at summers with typical max low 30'sC, and min
around 8C.

Old 14-04-2007, 02:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Maybe it's a moisture and food availability thing.

Sphagnum in plastic pots along side well-shaded phals offers a greater
supply than does a typical mount.

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
I've never seen it, but it looks great. My wife would love it.
Gary

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Tiny blooms, but a really interesting specimen plant. Is it common in
collections elsewhere?
Dave Gillingham

Dave Gillingham

Rate This Thread: