Old 23-05-2007, 03:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Cirr wendlandianum

I make no claims as to the correctness of the name. Its just what was on
the tag. This is the one that bloomed for me after 10 years. Maybe becasue
I've been taking care of it. Maybe because I finally let it get cold in the
winter.

K Barrett

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00030.JPG (61.1 KB, 59 views)
Old 24-05-2007, 12:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Best figure out what you did, Kath! There was an article recently in one of
the newsletters posted on the AOS forum about allelopathy in orchids. It had
to do with surrounding plants that inhibit flowering. I'll try to find it
again. Very interesting, and could be a reason why some of our orchids act
like drones.

Diana

. ..

Old 24-05-2007, 04:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

If that were true about orchids there's be no cut flower industry, and
Taiwan would be bust.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Best figure out what you did, Kath! There was an article recently in one
of the newsletters posted on the AOS forum about allelopathy in orchids.
It had to do with surrounding plants that inhibit flowering. I'll try to
find it again. Very interesting, and could be a reason why some of our
orchids act like drones.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
I make no claims as to the correctness of the name. Its just what was on
the tag. This is the one that bloomed for me after 10 years. Maybe
becasue I've been taking care of it. Maybe because I finally let it get
cold in the winter.

K Barrett

Rate This Thread: