GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cymbidium goeringii (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/160048-cymbidium-goeringii.html)

John Varigos 13-06-2007 01:39 PM

Cymbidium goeringii

1 Attachment(s)
A lovely small cymbidium from China through Japan and Korea which is
extremely difficult to grow in cultivation.
~John

Ray B 14-06-2007 10:29 AM

Cymbidium goeringii

It is? I haven't found that to be the case at all.

I have several in s/h culture being mistreated the same as my other Chinese
cymbs.

om...

John Varigos 14-06-2007 12:29 PM

Cymbidium goeringii

Ray, that was the consensus at the meeting and having never tried to grow
one myself went with the flow. Seems you have hit on the right formula. Do
you have any photos you can post of these growing under your conditions?

John

Eric Hunt[_1_] 15-06-2007 03:29 AM

Cymbidium goeringii

John,

Interesting - these guys can be grown as houseplants here in the States - a
bright windowsill and a tall Chinese Cym pot are usually all it takes.

They're usually grown for foliage, so blooms aren't as important, but they
will bloom.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Ray B 15-06-2007 10:44 AM

Cymbidium goeringii

Thanks, for the reinforcement, Eric. I was afraid I was successful because
I didn't know they were difficult!