GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/162677-show-pic-2-completely-unsure.html)

Dave Gillingham 05-08-2007 07:01 AM

Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure

1 Attachment(s)
Couldn't get to the show tag for a photo id, but the owner's tag apparently
says: ?eocauchia pulchella. Again, I couldn't find a match in Orchid Wiz.

Suggestions? Or am I just having an alzheimers day in my use of Orchid Wiz?
Dave Gillingham

John Varigos 05-08-2007 07:28 AM

Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure

Hi Dave

I believe this is Isabelia pulchella (syn Neolauchea pulchella). My plant
of this species has just finished flowering.

Cheers

John

John Varigos 05-08-2007 07:59 AM

Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure

Don't think so Kye. Virginalis has white flowers and "a basket-like weave
of fibers covering the clustered, ovoid-globose pseudobulbs" (ref Jay Pfahl)
This photo has neither.
John

"Kye" wrote in message
Isabellia virginalis???

Kye.

Kye 05-08-2007 10:09 AM

Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure

Do I get any points for the Genus...

Kye.

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Don't think so Kye. Virginalis has white flowers and "a basket-like weave
of fibers covering the clustered, ovoid-globose pseudobulbs" (ref Jay
Pfahl) This photo has neither.
John

"Kye" wrote in message
Isabellia virginalis???

Kye.

Ray B 05-08-2007 03:47 PM

Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure

1 Attachment(s)
Yep, here's a close-up of a flower on my plant

Dave Gillingham 06-08-2007 11:04 AM

Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure

Ray, the blooms on the two plants look rather different. Intra-species
variation? I wish I had been more careful with my id photos.

Ray B 06-08-2007 09:14 PM

Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure

It's obvious, Dave: Mine simply has better form!

I'm sure there's bound to be some variation.