GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   19 WOC (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/170651-19-woc.html)

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:03 PM

19 WOC

Another thread of pictures for your viewing enjoyment. The orchids
themselves were spectacular, of course, and the exhibits ranged from the
ridiculous to the sublime to the *over the top*.

IMO, the venue left lots to desire. There was a warehouse feel to it. The
main room was harshly lit (hard to get those big fluorescents out of camera
range) and hard underfoot. The adjacent space was a bit softer.

Anyway, here goes.

Diana

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:05 PM

19 WOC

2 Attachment(s)
The greeters:

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:09 PM

19 WOC

2 Attachment(s)
A few angles of Bob Fuchs' display:

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:12 PM

19 WOC

3 Attachment(s)
Krull Smith's Phal tree and other sides of his display (KS had these huge
trees with orchids covering as a canopy:

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:16 PM

19 WOC

3 Attachment(s)
Oriental influence:

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:19 PM

19 WOC

1 Attachment(s)
P. spicerianum 'Super':

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:21 PM

19 WOC

1 Attachment(s)
P. gratrixianum (disregard the tag behind it):

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:22 PM

19 WOC

1 Attachment(s)
A Paph dome! Made from P. Lippewunder Anja x Mem. Arthur Falk.

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:26 PM

19 WOC

1 Attachment(s)
C. Hail Storm 'Coconut Orchids'. This plant was about 5 feet wide; who knows
what the circumference might be!

Funny story about this: While I was admiring it, a man next to me said, "I
have one of those, but mine is bigger". To which a woman on the other side
of me whispered, "They all say that!".

LOL........

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:27 PM

19 WOC

1 Attachment(s)
EFG's display, which I think Tennis may have told you about.

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:29 PM

19 WOC

1 Attachment(s)
A few various & sundry to come and then I'll start a new thread in a while.

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:30 PM

19 WOC

1 Attachment(s)
C. perciviliana:

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:32 PM

19 WOC

1 Attachment(s)
Some interesting prop ideas.

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 27-01-2008 08:33 PM

19 WOC

1 Attachment(s)
Pretty display of Disas.

wendy7 28-01-2008 12:28 AM

19 WOC

(((((LOL))))) Sounds like a fishing story to me! A lovely specimen indeed.
Thanks for finding the time Di,
Cheers Wendy
. ..