Old 18-06-2008, 06:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Bifranaria inodora

This will be the third month in a row I'll be fortunate to take a
different bifrenaria in bloom to our meeting. Tyrianthina went two
months ago, harrisoniae alba went last month, and now I have this
smallish plant with two sets of two flowers each. I have taken upwards
of 60 pics of this and finally in desperation of ever getting either a
focus or correct color rendition, I borrowed my roommate's camera as he
was on his way out the door to work. All he knew about its operation was
how to turn it on, which button to push to take the pic, that there was
a manual 'somewhere' in the lower floor's three rooms and closets, and
the cord required to connect it to the computer. I'm trying to get up to
speed in only a short time on what seems to be a SLR digital camera with
a manual focus option. Never used a SLR before and the only digital I've
had is a Nikon and this is a Canon. Not only totally different controls,
different names for the same functions. SO, I finally got not a great
but an acceptable pic of the inodora, which smells nice early in the day.

Attached Thumbnails
Bifranaria inodora-inodora4.jpg