Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Cattleya guttata alba - worth the wait!

I have waited a very long time for this one. I grew it up from flask and
it has been about 10 years. The plant is quite small still, only 14"
tall and tried to bloom with one bud last year which blasted. This year,
two truly excellent flowers about 3.5" across.

I know the type form can get quite tall; does anyone know if the alba
form stays smaller? It is often the case that albas are smaller less
hardy plants than their type counterparts, I know, but don't know if
this holds true in this species as well.

Attached Thumbnails
Cattleya guttata alba - worth the wait!-guttataalbaorchidcourt.jpg
Old 01-08-2009, 05:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

tenman wrote:
I have waited a very long time for this one. I grew it up from flask and
it has been about 10 years. The plant is quite small still, only 14"
tall and tried to bloom with one bud last year which blasted. This year,
two truly excellent flowers about 3.5" across.

I know the type form can get quite tall; does anyone know if the alba
form stays smaller? It is often the case that albas are smaller less
hardy plants than their type counterparts, I know, but don't know if
this holds true in this species as well.

Very nice! But I don't know about the size of the plant either. Guess
you'll find out, LOL!

K Barrett

Old 02-08-2009, 03:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Diana, this picture was originall posted to highwinds and made it

--------------030806080204010901020902

--
Chris Dukes

Rate This Thread: