Old 25-08-2005, 07:07 PM
chaz

Default nuns orchid?

Someone sent me a nuns orchid in a trade. Are these actual orchids or just
called an orchid? Would love some care sheets on these if they are orchids.
They have a leaf almost like a canna, except its more papery

chaz

Old 25-08-2005, 07:14 PM
?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:07:19 -0400 in chaz wrote:
Someone sent me a nuns orchid in a trade. Are these actual orchids or just
called an orchid? Would love some care sheets on these if they are orchids.
They have a leaf almost like a canna, except its more papery

There actually is atleast one orchid called Nuns orchid.
(Phaius tankervilleae)

I'll let the others say whether or not
http://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/peopl...variegete1.htm
is an accurate picture of the foliage

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil
Old 25-08-2005, 09:24 PM
chaz

rg...
chaz wrote:
Someone sent me a nuns orchid in a trade. Are these actual orchids or
just
called an orchid? Would love some care sheets on these if they are
orchids.
They have a leaf almost like a canna, except its more papery

There actually is atleast one orchid called Nuns orchid.
(Phaius tankervilleae)

I'll let the others say whether or not
http://www.orchid.or.jp/orchid/peopl...variegete1.htm
is an accurate picture of the foliage

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

Hi,
Mine looks like this one:

http://morningdewtropical.com/images/gallery/Flowering-Plants-Nun's-Orch.jpg

chaz

Old 25-08-2005, 09:34 PM
?

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:24:26 -0400 in chaz wrote:

Hi,
Mine looks like this one:

http://morningdewtropical.com/images/gallery/Flowering-Plants-Nun's-Orch.jpg

And the one I pointed you to was the variagated variety...

Will an armchair taxonomist please stand up?

Old 25-08-2005, 09:37 PM
chaz

rg...
chaz wrote:

Hi,
Mine looks like this one:

http://morningdewtropical.com/images/gallery/Flowering-Plants-Nun's-Orch.jpg

And the one I pointed you to was the variagated variety...

Will an armchair taxonomist please stand up?

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil

Which one? - there are at least 12 different photos on that page.