Old 15-03-2003, 02:32 PM
TRAINMAN9

Default Problem with Dendrobium loddigisii

I know I got the spelling wrong but I have a nice size plant of these species,
actually a named variety 'Malvern'. It seemed to be doing well during the
summer but now seems to be in distress. It is mounted on a treefern slab and is
hanging from the side of one of my cattleya pots.

My greenhouse is operated at a 62 degree night tempreture and I had been
running a automatic misting system that came on three times for about 10
minutes every other day. I turned it off because of the bad weather and
overcast days during January and February.

Any ideas on this plant? It is a mature plant but has yet to bloom.
Old 17-03-2003, 07:44 PM
solo_voyager

You have not said how it is showing itself to be in distress. That
leaves many possiblities. D. loddigesii is one of those Dendrobiums
that require a cool dry winter rest with high light levels to bloom.
If being given proper conditions some (from few to many) of the leaves
will show signs of shriveling, turning brown and dropping off. This is
a tough resiliant plant that can withstand a lot of abuse. A bit more
info is needed to know what is anything is the problem.
S V