Old 07-12-2005, 01:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
GARLAND HANSON

Default C. amethystoglossa award?

Can anyone tell me if C. amethystoglossa 'Ann Arbor' has been awarded?

I need the new software...

Thanks in advance,
Garland

Old 07-12-2005, 07:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea

You saw that one on Ebay too? Looks like a nice plant awarded or not.
Gary
news6Blf.2065$EB3.987@trnddc09...

Old 08-12-2005, 04:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
GARLAND HANSON

Gary, looks like the BS amethystoglossa has now gone over the $400 mark with
2 days left to go!!
Garland

I agree! For that kind of coin I'd like to see a bloom first though...
Garland

. ..

Old 08-12-2005, 04:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

GARLAND HANSON wrote:
Gary, looks like the BS amethystoglossa has now gone over the $400 mark with
2 days left to go!!
Garland

I have got to start selling plants on ebay... That is ridiculous.
Heck, I'll sell you a BS amethystoglossa for a mere $350...

*grin*

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 08-12-2005, 05:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

I sold a blooming size one, in sheath (though no buds at that time) 7" pot
multi-lead plant this summer for $49.00. If it is not an awarded clone
these bids passed into supreme foolishness somewhere around $50. If it is
an awarded clone and it is in a 6" pot or smaller, beyond $100 is silly.
And does anybody doubt that I *know* supreme foolishness and silly when I
see it? I have to shave it's face every morning. On the other hand, I
suppose it is worth what its purchaser will pay. cah-ching.

I have a 10 to 12 or so lead GIGANTIC amethystoglossa plant in a 14 or 16
inch wrought iron-esc basket in low bud. It is very vigorous and can have
15 or more flowers on some inflorescence, although the shape is probably not
award worthy. I can feel buds in about half the sheaths. It will be in
full bloom in about February here. I would consider selling it if anybody
offered $400 but it might hurt in a betraying-a-friend kind of way.. I
wouldn't think twice if anybody offered $500. I feel like a fool for
keeping it around so long because it is too big and soon it will need to be
divided and repotted and it will take a solid day of work and probably a
chainsaw to get it done.

Sorry NO shipping.

I have an 30 or 40 lead Lc golden Girl 'Miami' AM/AOS (This clone has half a
dozen CCMs) I would sell this monster for half the above without blinking
because it tried to kill last spring when it snapped it's 200 lb. jack chain
and dropped to the floor not 3 feet in front of me. (I am not kidding) It
too is covered in sheaths and blooms in February. Sorry no shipping and I
make no promise this plant will not try to hurt anybody who owns it. It
needs repotting too...and it bites. Bring a large van. It will not fit in
a car.

Old 08-12-2005, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
GARLAND HANSON

Al, would you consider cutting off a small piece of each....say, with a
reciprocating saw or axe?
Garland

news

Old 10-12-2005, 07:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

In article ,
says...

[...]

Al, of course you know you will have to post pics of these on abpo,
right? Indubitably.

--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
Old 11-12-2005, 12:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea

Garland, It's now at $442 with over 1 1/2 hrs to go. It stands 39" tall, 6
pbulbs, no active growth, no sign of active roots, recently potted (judging
by the condition of the bark and pot and rhizome clip), and some of those
leaves look pretty ratty. I think you were smart to steer clear of this one.
I hope "Deep Pockets" isn't disappointed.
Gary, looks like the BS amethystoglossa has now gone over the $400 mark
with 2 days left to go!!
Garland

"GARLAND HANSON" wrote in message
I agree! For that kind of coin I'd like to see a bloom first though...
Garland

. ..

Old 11-12-2005, 01:21 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
. ..
Garland, It's now at $442 with over 1 1/2 hrs to go. It stands 39" tall, 6
pbulbs, no active growth, no sign of active roots, recently potted
(judging by the condition of the bark and pot and rhizome clip), and some
of those leaves look pretty ratty. I think you were smart to steer clear
of this one. I hope "Deep Pockets" isn't disappointed.

Wow! My amethystoglossa is at least that tall, has active growth and 11
pseudobulbs. Leaves are good, hefty and fleshy. See discussion at abpo under
Al's picture post.

Diana

Old 11-12-2005, 01:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
V_coerulea

Have you considered selling on Ebay? You might make enough cash to support
your addiction. I haven't yet but keep trying!
Gary
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message

. ..

Old 11-12-2005, 06:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Diana Kulaga

Have you considered selling on Ebay? You might make enough cash to support
your addiction. I haven't yet but keep trying!

What's enough?? Do we ever reach that point? LOL...

Diana