GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   recommended book on phrags and paphs (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/109940-recommended-book-phrags-paphs.html)

OrchidKitty 17-12-2005 03:46 PM

recommended book on phrags and paphs

Does anyone have a book they'd recommend that's focussed on just phrags
and paphs--for indoor culture? I already have all the standard
multi-alliance guides. Thanks for any help.

Steve 01-01-2006 06:43 PM

OrchidKitty wrote:

Does anyone have a book they'd recommend that's focussed on just phrags
and paphs--for indoor culture? I already have all the standard
multi-alliance guides. Thanks for any help.

I can't see that you got any replies to this question.
I own this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/088...lance&n=283155

I find it useful and I'm glad I own it. I'm not sure what is going on
with the price though. Did it recently go out of print or something? I'm
wondering about the sky high prices some are asking for it on the site
above.
I got mine in October of 2004. The price printed on the inside cover
flap is $49.95. Usually you find prices below the suggested price, not
above.

Steve

OrchidKitty 03-01-2006 09:12 PM

recommended book on phrags and paphs

Thank you for the information! I'll see if I can lay hands on one at a
reasonable price.

danny 04-01-2006 12:50 AM

recommended book on phrags and paphs

That is the only book that focuses on both Paphs and Phrags, there are
several books that focus on Paphs and at least one book on Cypripediums.
Phrags just aren't popular enough to have much written about them, it is a
fairly small genus. Orchid Digest has featured Phrags in their special year
end issue a few years back, you may want to see if they still have any of
those back issues in stock.
-danny

oups.com...