Old 17-12-2005, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
OrchidKitty

Default recommended book on phrags and paphs

Does anyone have a book they'd recommend that's focussed on just phrags
and paphs--for indoor culture? I already have all the standard
multi-alliance guides. Thanks for any help.

Old 01-01-2006, 06:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve

OrchidKitty wrote:

Does anyone have a book they'd recommend that's focussed on just phrags
and paphs--for indoor culture? I already have all the standard
multi-alliance guides. Thanks for any help.

I can't see that you got any replies to this question.
I own this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/088...lance&n=283155

I find it useful and I'm glad I own it. I'm not sure what is going on
with the price though. Did it recently go out of print or something? I'm
wondering about the sky high prices some are asking for it on the site
above.
I got mine in October of 2004. The price printed on the inside cover
flap is $49.95. Usually you find prices below the suggested price, not
above.

Steve
Old 03-01-2006, 09:12 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
OrchidKitty

Thank you for the information! I'll see if I can lay hands on one at a
reasonable price.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:50 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

That is the only book that focuses on both Paphs and Phrags, there are
several books that focus on Paphs and at least one book on Cypripediums.
Phrags just aren't popular enough to have much written about them, it is a
fairly small genus. Orchid Digest has featured Phrags in their special year
end issue a few years back, you may want to see if they still have any of
those back issues in stock.
-danny

oups.com...

paphs and phrags Ted Orchids 7 24-09-2005 07:26 PM
Are Paphs and Phrags succeptible to Virus? Gene Schurg Orchids 4 01-04-2004 06:54 PM
What distinguishes between paphs and phrags? was Greenhouse profpam Orchids 0 26-11-2003 05:22 PM
Ted's paphs and phrags Rob Halgren Orchids 8 21-11-2003 02:42 AM
What distinguishes between paphs and phrags? was Greenhouse ideas? Ted Byers Orchids 0 20-11-2003 08:08 PM