GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Newbie (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/109951-newbie.html)

Steve 31-12-2005 07:30 PM

Newbie

Raevyn wrote:
Cheers
Jo
(P.S. I feel a bit silly, I wanted to post some pics to the
alt.binaries.pictures.orchids but don't know how? Any tips welcome,
Thanks :) )

Hi, Jo. I'll add my welcome to you.
Looking at the headers from your message, it appears to me that Reka's
fear about you using Google to use the newsgroups is true. You can do
nothing with pictures from there. Pictures or not, there are MUCH
better ways to read and write to nesgroups than going through Google.
In the mean time, the way to show pictures here is to post them to a web
site first then tell us where to look.
For example... and I've never tried posting a picture from image station
here but it should work... here is a picture of my Paph venustum var.
pardinum that came into bloom for the first time this week:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...1/f0dceb2d.jpg

Steve

Raevyn 07-01-2006 01:02 PM

Newbie

Hi Steve,
So in other words just post a link to the pic/s? I wasn't sure whether
I was allowed to do that here which is why I haven't tried. Thanks for
the info. :)
Cheers
Jo
p.s that's a very nice paph you have there! :)

Raevyn 07-01-2006 01:08 PM

Newbie

Hi Kye,

I have some good news for you, I didn't think I'd be able to find any
but I've just found and brought two Albany Pitcher Plants!
Email me privately and I'm sure we can sort something out :)

Cheers,
Jo :)

Andrew 09-01-2006 05:56 AM

Newbie

Kye wrote:
Tis a pity, cos if you grew the Albany Pitcher Plant I would be begging some
of of you. I have been trying to get my hands on a few plants of it for
years.

Please keep me in mind if you ever see any locally available from salvage
etc I would be very interested in trading for some.

Kye.

Kye,
Paradisia in Victoria produce TC'ed plants by the bucket load. Their
Ceph's are quite common in Melbourne nurseries. You should be able to
get your local nursery/garden centre to special order you some in very
easily.
Andrew

Kye 09-01-2006 11:34 AM

Newbie

THanks for that Andrew, however Jo has already managed to locate me a few.
The really weird part of this is that this message was sooooo long ago that
I had even forgotten about the original post... Astounding how long
retention is for information on the newsgroups these days...

Kye.

"Andrew" wrote in message
oups.com...

Kye 09-01-2006 02:23 PM

Newbie

"Why when I was a young whipper-snapper we had to walk 50 miles through the
orchidless barrens to get to a computer and then you were lucky if they had
even heard of what usenet was..."

Sorry I felt that it needed that...

Kye.

"Kye" wrote in message
u...
THanks for that Andrew, however Jo has already managed to locate me a few.
The really weird part of this is that this message was sooooo long ago
that I had even forgotten about the original post... Astounding how long
retention is for information on the newsgroups these days...

Kye.

"Andrew" wrote in message
oups.com...

Reka 09-01-2006 02:34 PM

Newbie

In article ,
says...
~"Why when I was a young whipper-snapper we had to walk 50 miles through the
~orchidless barrens to get to a computer and then you were lucky if they had
~even heard of what usenet was..."
~
~Sorry I felt that it needed that...
Tisk, tisk, Kye! I am sure you stole Dave's lines!
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

Kye 09-01-2006 02:57 PM

Newbie

Well actuallty its all a part of being Aussie. First they grab us all when
we are but tiny tykes and they drag us off for Secret Aussies Business where
they teach us how to be good at "taking the ****" and "being a good sport"

So if we sound alike it just means that we had good teachers ;-)

Kye.

"Reka" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...

Reka 09-01-2006 04:25 PM

Newbie

In article ,
says...
~Well actuallty its all a part of being Aussie. First they grab us all when
~we are but tiny tykes and they drag us off for Secret Aussies Business where
~they teach us how to be good at "taking the ****" and "being a good sport"
~
~So if we sound alike it just means that we had good teachers ;-)
~
~Kye.
~
~"Reka" wrote in message
. ..
~ In article ,
~
says...
~ ~"Why when I was a young whipper-snapper we had to walk 50 miles through
~ the
~ ~orchidless barrens to get to a computer and then you were lucky if they
~ had
~ ~even heard of what usenet was..."
~ ~
~ ~Sorry I felt that it needed that...
~ Tisk, tisk, Kye! I am sure you stole Dave's lines!
~ --
~ Reka
~
~ This is LIFE! It's not a rehearsal. Don't miss it!
~
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
~
~
~

Uh, I meant the age group was more appropriate...

Kye 10-01-2006 12:40 AM

Newbie

ummm... Im not yet thirty.... Yo trying to tell me something????

hehe

Kye.

"Reka" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...
~Well actuallty its all a part of being Aussie. First they grab us all
when
~we are but tiny tykes and they drag us off for Secret Aussies Business
where
~they teach us how to be good at "taking the ****" and "being a good
sport"
~
~So if we sound alike it just means that we had good teachers ;-)
~
~Kye.
~
~"Reka" wrote in message
. ..
~ In article ,
~
says...

Dave Gillingham 10-01-2006 09:18 AM

Newbie

I seem to have been asleep for much of this thread - probably because I'm way
past Kye's "nearly thirty". But everyone else is doing such a good job I think
I'll just sit back & enjoy it, despite what seems to be Reka's attempt to drag
me in.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:22:33 GMT, "Kye" wrote:

Tis a pity, cos if you grew the Albany Pitcher Plant I would be begging some
of of you. I have been trying to get my hands on a few plants of it for
years.

Please keep me in mind if you ever see any locally available from salvage
etc I would be very interested in trading for some.

Kye.

"Raevyn" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Kye,
Unfortunately not but I am interested in Carnivorous Plants :)
Cheers Jo

Dave Gillingham

Kye 10-01-2006 09:50 AM

Newbie

Its ok Dave, us QLD'ers will do our usual job and defend the reputation of
Aussies everywhere...

Kye.

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
I seem to have been asleep for much of this thread - probably because I'm
way
past Kye's "nearly thirty". But everyone else is doing such a good job I
think
I'll just sit back & enjoy it, despite what seems to be Reka's attempt to
drag
me in.

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 14:22:33 GMT, "Kye" wrote:

Tis a pity, cos if you grew the Albany Pitcher Plant I would be begging
some
of of you. I have been trying to get my hands on a few plants of it for
years.

Please keep me in mind if you ever see any locally available from salvage
etc I would be very interested in trading for some.

Kye.

roups.com...

Reka 10-01-2006 01:00 PM

Newbie

In article ,
says...
~I seem to have been asleep for much of this thread - probably because I'm way
~past Kye's "nearly thirty". But everyone else is doing such a good job I think
~I'll just sit back & enjoy it, despite what seems to be Reka's attempt to drag
~me in.

Hmmph! I'm not dragging anyone. It's just that the usually the older
generation "brags" about the walking through the knee-deep snow (or
apparently in your corner of the world, the dry, hot barrens) all the way
to school...

wendy7 10-01-2006 04:58 PM

Newbie

Well Reka, I get your drift! *G*