Old 30-01-2006, 03:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
ANNE MARIE Lee

Default HELP!!

hey ppls im new to growing and i want to set up my green house in my closet.
The thing is my gas water boiler heater thingy is in the clset. will this
still be ok to go ahead with or will it be a time bomb!! if it ok what
precations will i take for it? thanks
Annemarie

Old 30-01-2006, 04:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob

ANNE MARIE Lee wrote:
hey ppls im new to growing and i want to set up my green house in my closet.
The thing is my gas water boiler heater thingy is in the clset. will this
still be ok to go ahead with or will it be a time bomb!! if it ok what
precations will i take for it? thanks
Annemarie

Don't think it is a problem. Are you worried about heat or rust? Most
water boilers are designed to tolerate damp, humid basements or other
conditions. You may get a little surface rust, but I strongly doubt you
would ever rust through a tank. If you get worried about rust, you can
sand down the rust with a little steel wool and spray a little rustoleum
paint on the affected area.

What i would worry about is excess heat buildup. Closets are bad
enough, often little to no ventilation. But with a heat source inside,
in addition to your lights, you are pushing it. Make sure you design
some sort of ventilation system. Heat from the lights was going to be a
problem anyway, so boiler or not, you are going to need ventilation.

Make sure that you design your room such that it is easy to access the
water boiler for service. If you need to get a plumber in there at 3am
on a Sunday morning (when all plumbing fails), you are going to
appreciate a little forethought.

Have fun with the new room.

Rob

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 30-01-2006, 05:29 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I agree with Rob, but I would sand down any rust that you get and apply
POR-15. I use it all the time and it works really well.
http://por15store.com

Old 01-02-2006, 08:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Jack

Is your water heater gas or electric, if it is a gas waterheater you
need to be careful of the fumes because some orchids don't like them.

Jack

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM