GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sticky Substance (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/11768-sticky-substance.html)

David Jewell 26-03-2003 10:44 PM

Sticky Substance

General question here, some of my orchids seem to have drops of what appear
to be sap like on some areas of the plants I have particularly noticed this
on one of my Den. a Cyc. and a Ctsm. not sure if this is normal or
something weird none of my other plants seem effected I have noticed this
over the years at times and have just shrugged it off now I want to know.

Thanks

Dave

Kenni Judd 26-03-2003 11:08 PM

Sticky Substance

If it's generally around the flowers, take it as sign that the plants are
happy [but watch out for ants -- the stuff is sweet].

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com
.. .

David Jewell 27-03-2003 12:08 AM

Sticky Substance

I am seeing it more on the new growth maybe only a small drop VERY sticky
and maybe only one small drop or two. As for the ants if they can make it
through the snow into my house they deserve a small treat.

. ..