Old 02-04-2006, 02:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Marty

Default OrchidBoard

If you haven't visited OrchidBoard.com in a while, take a minute and
check it out. We have completely changed the look and feel of the
site. Many major upgrades took place, all in an effort to make
OrchidBoard, the best online Orchid community. Without boring you too
much, let me highlight the main features.

If you have an Orchid Business, be sure to especially read the last
paragraph on FREE advertising.

The new and improved features:

Forums - we upgraded to a commercial version full of great features in
itself

TopSites - if you have an orchid related webpage to promote, or even
your personal page, be sure to enter it into our integrated topsite
system. It will only take a minute of your time, but it will provide
you with constant incoming hits from other members or site visitors.
IMO, this is a must for any Orchid Business. It's Free ranked
advertising, no downside! Be sure to take advantage of it.

Classifieds - you will now be able to place "wanted" and "for sale"
ads. The absolute best part is, that Orchid Board classifieds are
fully integrated with PayPal. Which means, that if you already have an
account and you list an item, anyone may buy your item and pay you
right there via paypal, using their account or by credit card. This is
a FREE service! Businesses are encouraged to list plants and supplies
for sale. You may of course sell things the old fashion way and have
interested parties contact you for details.

Auctions - just like above, also integrated with PayPal, but bidding is
allowed. This is identical to ebay and even proxy bidding is possible.
Classifieds and Auctions are complete with user feedback system, where
after a sale, a user can leave you feedback. It's like an orchid ebay.

Calendar - If you have an event to promote or announce, you can enter
it on the Orchid Board calendar for all to see.

Gallery - every user can store a gallery of images, which can be
organized into albums.

Blogs - You can now have your own BLOG where you can document whatever
you want.

Stories/Articles - This is a great feature ! Any member can write an
article which will be displayed on the main page of OrchidBoard. This
is like writing for a newspaper, but you always get to write the front
page news for all to see!!! It is a great way to share your knowledge.

There are other features coming soon, specifically a Lexicon of Orchid
Terms and a Chat... maybe more later

I hope you all enjoy the new and improved Orchid Board and I hope many
of you will sign up and join our community. Get involved, It's a lot
of fun! Your feedback, comments and suggestions will be greatly
appreciated.

Membership is completely free, there are many perks and there are no
gimmicks or strings attached. You can come and go as you please.

If you run a business that caters to the Orchid hobbyists, we can offer
you free advertising for 2 full months. All we ask in exchange is to
display our banner on your website. There are two types of ads that we
will offer.
160x160 square ad on the left side
468x60 banner ad above the forum.
Email us either one or both types of ads and we will run them for you.
It's a great way to promote your venture. You can send few different
banners, we will rotate them for you.

In addition, you will receive access to an ad mgmt system where you
will be able to check statistics related to your ads.

Thanks and happy growing

Marty
OrchidBoard.com