Old 12-05-2006, 03:34 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default paph season

In my condo in Washington DC, it seems to be the season for every Paph to
put out a new leaf or new spike. I will have to now watch my Paphs carefully
to see how many of those are spikes, and how many are new leaves. Since
finding a new spike is probably the greatest thrill that this hobby provides
me, I am quite looking forward to this. And hey, even if each and every one
of them (except for the malipoense which is most definitely in spike) turns
out to just be growing a new leaf, that means that they are growing and
probably happy, too, so it's not bad.

Joanna
(whose little boy is peacefully asleep in his crib, and thus providing me a
quiet time and opportunity to look at orchids before going to bed myself)

Old 12-05-2006, 01:46 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny

This is the first year we've bloomed enough paphs to notice the variation in
timing between some of them. All of our lowii hybrids bloomed a couple
months ago (still have the straight lowii's in bloom now, they are lasting
pretty long.) Now several delenatii hybrids are in bloom. There are
another 4 or 5 paphs in spike, and it looks like that will be it for a
while.
-danny