GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Peru project (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/146406-peru-project.html)

Reka 13-06-2006 06:04 AM

Peru project

Very nice article here about a research project in Peru. Helping with
something like this would be my dream.

Reka

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/living/14794065.htm

Eric Hunt 13-06-2006 03:43 PM

Peru project

Reka,

I got to spend several days with Becca Repasky on my trip to Peru in April -
the reporter who wrote this series had just left to go back to the states
when Becca joined us.

Becca showed us her photos - the stuff she's finding is incredible and there
are going to be more than 5 new species when it's all said and done. Eric
Christenson is going to help her write articles for various journals once
she gets back.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

danny 14-06-2006 06:42 AM

Peru project

Are there really any vibrant blue orchids in South America, or was the
reporter just naming colors at random?
-danny

Eric Hunt 14-06-2006 07:10 AM

Peru project

Quite possibly. I certainly can't think of one off the top of my head.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org