Old 11-10-2006, 08:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Rob Rob is offline

Default ESA

Diana Kulaga wrote:
I've never heard of putting down a nuisance orchid...

I've got one on the patio that's cruisin' for it...

Diana

I've put down a few hundred so far this fall... I consider failure to
thrive a nuisance.

--
Rob's Rules: http://littlefrogfarm.com
2a) See rule 1

Old 11-10-2006, 08:32 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

I've put down a few hundred so far this fall... I consider failure to
thrive a nuisance.

I consider bug magnets to be nuisances!

Diana

Old 11-10-2006, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Yes, two sub-categories among nuisance orchids: failure to thrive and bug
magnets....and a new rule for anyone who collects them: "one should never
have so few orchids that they think twice about "putting down" a nuisance."

Nuisance orchids make great compost! ....sounds like bumper sticker.

Old 11-10-2006, 08:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

ps. if you sell orchids you should not advertise that you ever "have"
throw-aways, otherwise you will have people going through your greenhouse
looking for plants they can "have". The wife of the former boss at a retail
garden center I worked in put a sign on their dumpster that said "Plants in
dumpster are not discounted. Please bring them to the register when you are
ready to check out." But their lawyer made her remove it and post a sign
that warned customers that the dumpster was a hazard and they should not be
found climbing in it for any reason. ....I'm not kidding.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

"Plants in dumpster are not discounted. Please bring them to the register
when you are ready to check out."

ROFLMAO!

Diana