Old 14-10-2006, 02:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default What a week

OUch! Cancel my last note. My calves ache at the thought.

--

BetsyB

"Nancy G." wrote in message
oups.com...

betsyb wrote:
Seems like a lot of hauling. Why not look for a wagon at a yard sale and
drill holes in the bottom. Load, wash and drain then lug the wagon. A
whole
lot easier on your back.

--

BetsyB

You whould see the yard. LOL, The hill I was talking about is terraced
with pavers nearly as steep as stairs. It drops about 4 feet, then is
level for 8 feet, below that is a stone retaining wall planted with
honeysuckle, then it goes to a more gentle slope. Just so happens,
that is where the two best trees are located, about 20 feet apart on
the level 8 feet. We put scrap carpet down under the tables because it
is so hard to mow and it was the best way to keep the grass down. I
really need to post a picture someplace. We used the lawn tractor with
the load hog attached to carry the plants. It carried more, but I had
to put in the tail gate and walk along with to keep the plants from
sliding out or tipping over.

I keep having flashbacks about how pleasant it was in Alabama with a
walkout basement. Open the french doors and just roll everything in
and out. It was wonderful. One of these days, I will have my dream
home. I just have to find plans I like and find the perfect exposure
for my plants.

1946 Adam the Gardener November week 1 page 1 S_edge November week 1 page 1 S_edge.JPG [2/2] swordedge[_2_] Garden Photos 0 15-10-2008 12:46 PM
plants after a week of being gone... and next is 2 weeks, need advice SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 01-06-2003 03:56 AM
My roses this week Unique Too Roses 2 31-03-2003 05:56 AM
Stuff I've been doing this week! Alan Holmes United Kingdom 16 25-03-2003 05:56 PM
10ml trace x week too much for 15gal?? Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 19-02-2003 10:19 PM