GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wasps in the greenhouse (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/150314-wasps-greenhouse.html)

Nancy G. 24-10-2006 03:07 AM

Wasps in the greenhouse

I thought it was wobbles... not boggles.

Mick

Hey Mick, wobbles means teeters or sways (weebles wobble)

boggles means confuses

You were probably wobbling and the mosquito got boggled.

N.

Mick Fournier 25-10-2006 05:50 AM

Wasps in the greenhouse

Nancy,

It's late. I am going to toggle off.

Mick

John Varigos 31-10-2006 03:50 AM

Wasps in the greenhouse

The context in which I used the word "boggles" was "to be overcome with
fright or astonishment" - take your pick!
~John

Mick Fournier 31-10-2006 05:33 AM

Wasps in the greenhouse

John,

I have a bogg in the backyard... actually I have 5 of them. I always tell
my friends that I grow orchids on the boggles. Boggles is the plural of
bogg.

Mick

====================

om...

[email protected] 31-10-2006 02:21 PM

Wasps in the greenhouse

Mick Fournier wrote:
John,

I have a bogg in the backyard... actually I have 5 of them.

That's a lot of outhouses, "bog" also being a euphemism for the shack
out back.

J. Del Col

Mick Fournier 31-10-2006 11:11 PM

Wasps in the greenhouse

J,

I have never heard of that euphemism... so please don't bog me down. I need
to stay focused on the main topic in this thread.

Mick

wrote in message
ups.com...