GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clover in catt pot --Grrrrrr (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/151138-clover-catt-pot-grrrrrr.html)

quess who 24-11-2006 03:23 AM

Clover in catt pot --Grrrrrr

I have two catt pots that are infested with clover. The media is a mix
of peat,perlite and charcoal in a clay pot. Is there anyway of getting
rid of the clover without killing the catts?

Ray B 24-11-2006 04:23 AM

Clover in catt pot --Grrrrrr

Oxalis can be a nuisance if you don't clear it out regularly.

1) Try removing the whole plant when you can.
2) Dip a Q-Tip in a herbicide like Round Up and dab it on all of the
exposed leaves in situations where that's impractical.

quess who 26-11-2006 03:26 AM

Clover in catt pot --Grrrrrr

Thanks Ray.

I will try the dabbing approach as the roots of the catt are so tight
in the pot that I will be unable to separate them.