Old 17-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Al

Default photo links: Ascolabium pumilum verses Ascocentrum pumilum

here is a link to page with my recently acquired Ascolabium pumilum compared
side by side with my established Ascocentrum pumilum. The clay pot is a 2"
wide. This link also has a picture of the mounted Ascocentrum pumilum from
the year 2000
http://www.orchidexchange.com/Photos/web0571.htm
The question was: Aren't these two names synonyms for the same species? The
leaves on both plants look different to me.

Since I also mentioned Ascocentrum christensonianum, here is link showing
this plant today and from its first flowering in my greenhouse in the year
2000. The label is 5" long for scale. The close up shows the same plant
two years ago when it was only 5" tall. It is growing very fast and has a
basal keiki it started last year that is nearly as tall as the original
plant. The keiki is hidden a bit behind the mount.
http://www.orchidexchange.com/Photos/web0570.htm

Here is a link to a picture of Asctm. curvifolium in a 4" basket. It has
lots of flowers spikes on it this year. The roots on this plant (which are
not seen in the picture) are as long as I am tall. This plant is just a
baby when compared to the CCM on record. The thing in the background in the
basket is an eleven or twelve year old Phal equestris that started out as
one plant and, at this point makes dozens of keikis a year which get pinned
back onto the outside of the wire basket lined with coconut husk and filled
with packing peanuts. After about 7 years in this basket it is showing
signs that it needs to be repotted so I will taking it apart soon.
http://www.orchidexchange.com/Photos/web0555.htm

I am proud of my Phal parishii 'Leesburg' cultivar. Ever see a Phal.
parishii with upwards of 40 or so flowers/buds? It has multiple basal
kiekies blooming this year and some branching spikes. In this picture you
can only see one side of the plant. In this picture the camera is set to
record in 'vivid' mode.
http://www.orchidexchange.com/Photos/web0414.htm

Phal minus blooming for the second time in my greenhouse. This year it has
6 flowers/buds on a branching spike. The branch has one flower and isn't
obvious in this picture because it is behind the main inflorescence.
'Vivid' mode.
http://www.orchidexchange.com/Photos/web1098.htm

Ascocentrum ampullaceum - 2 pics Ray B Orchid Photos 2 27-03-2008 06:29 PM
Ascocentrum ampullaceum v auranticum V_coerulea Orchid Photos 2 19-04-2007 12:25 AM
Ascocentrum ampullaceum V_coerulea Orchid Photos 3 31-03-2007 02:35 AM
Ascocentrum curvifolium Raj Orchids 6 30-04-2006 03:27 PM
Ascolabium pumilum verses Ascocentrum pumilum Al Orchids 4 17-04-2003 06:08 PM