GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   bagging it and moving to FL? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/154466-bagging-moving-fl.html)

Robert Lorenzini 27-02-2007 04:26 PM

bagging it and moving to FL?

On 27 Feb 2007 07:20:47 -0800, jadel wrote:

Read Carl Hiassen's book -Paradise Screwed-- for a good account of
what's become of the Sunshine State. His novels are funny, too,
loaded with stereotypes, but very funny.

Read them all, my favorite author.

Bob

K Barrett 27-02-2007 04:48 PM

bagging it and moving to FL?

"Robert Lorenzini" wrote in message
On 27 Feb 2007 07:20:47 -0800, jadel wrote:

Read Carl Hiassen's book -Paradise Screwed-- for a good account of
what's become of the Sunshine State. His novels are funny, too,
loaded with stereotypes, but very funny.

Read them all, my favorite author.

Bob

I hear Panama is the next Costa Rica. Supposedly Costa Rica is having
problems with increased crime and kidnappings making Panama safe by
comparison. Anyone else buying that? *G*

K Barrett

Diana Kulaga 27-02-2007 09:13 PM

bagging it and moving to FL?

anyone else buying that? *G*

Nope! Love Carl Hiassen. That man is seriously warped.

Diana

bobc[_2_] 27-02-2007 09:14 PM

bagging it and moving to FL?

Now southern CA or the AZ desert, on
the other hand, sound very inviting...

Moving to Montana soon ...
Gonna be a Dental Floss Tycoon!
Bob Campoli - Philadelphia!

Ray B 27-02-2007 11:02 PM

bagging it and moving to FL?

Shouldn't that be "Mentle toss flycoon"?

oups.com...

Kenni Judd 14-03-2007 09:07 PM

bagging it and moving to FL?

Thanks, Mick!

"Mick Fournier" wrote in message
.. .
Eric,

Yes! You are right! Hurricanes... we have ton's of them. All you people
thinking about moving here should go somewhere else where there is no
hurricanes... or cocka-roaches, or snakes, or killer mosquitoes... or
Canadian tourists jamming our roads up into a tangled mess because they
have no idea where they are at.

And all you other people in Florida... you should get out while the
gettin' is good. There is a hurricane a coming!!!... y'all.

Kenni and Diana (and Diana's hubby)... you can stay.

Mick

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
One word:

Hurricanes.

Too many personal friends in Florida, Alabama, and Louisiana have been
devastated by them. I can't imagine building up a collection and having
it blown away or flooded with salt water.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org