GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hozon Siphon info (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/160442-hozon-siphon-info.html)

wendy7 21-06-2007 04:56 PM

Hozon Siphon info

I know I asked about this a long time ago but again, I need a math formula
work out the amount of fert I use.

The Hozon is a 16 : 1 ratio.

eg..... 1oz of fert to 1gal of water

I also mostly use a 2gal container & would want 1/4 strength?

HELP!
Cheers Wendy

Doug Houseman 21-06-2007 05:44 PM

Hozon Siphon info

In article ,
"Wendy7" wrote:

I know I asked about this a long time ago but again, I need a math formula
work out the amount of fert I use.

The Hozon is a 16 : 1 ratio.

eg..... 1oz of fert to 1gal of water

I also mostly use a 2gal container & would want 1/4 strength?

HELP!
Cheers Wendy

128 oz to the gallon...So the system will pick up 8 oz of liquid per
gallon.

So if you 1 oz per gallon, you need to do an 8 to 1 dilution (e.g. 1
pint per gallon or 1 quart per 2 gallons)

Oscarman 22-06-2007 06:17 AM

That is very helpful - Thank you!

I never knew how this was calculated before and I think I might understand it now.

wendy7 22-06-2007 10:50 PM

Hozon Siphon info

Thanks Doug,
So one would divide 16 into the amount of water/fert required for the
ratio?
What if it was 1 Tablespoon to a gal?
Cheers Wendy (who is having a math mental block)

Ray B 23-06-2007 02:04 PM

Hozon Siphon info

You might also want to take a look at this for more details:

http://www.firstrays.com/proportioners.htm

wendy7 24-06-2007 04:44 AM

Hozon Siphon info

Thanks Ray, I should have known just to go to your site, also just found a
great little video at
http://www.dramm.com/html/main.isx?sub=76
Thanks again for your help.
Cheers Wendy