Old 21-06-2007, 04:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Default Hozon Siphon info

I know I asked about this a long time ago but again, I need a math formula
work out the amount of fert I use.

The Hozon is a 16 : 1 ratio.

eg..... 1oz of fert to 1gal of water

I also mostly use a 2gal container & would want 1/4 strength?

HELP!
Cheers Wendy

Old 21-06-2007, 05:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

In article ,
"Wendy7" wrote:

I know I asked about this a long time ago but again, I need a math formula
work out the amount of fert I use.

The Hozon is a 16 : 1 ratio.

eg..... 1oz of fert to 1gal of water

I also mostly use a 2gal container & would want 1/4 strength?

HELP!
Cheers Wendy

128 oz to the gallon...So the system will pick up 8 oz of liquid per
gallon.

So if you 1 oz per gallon, you need to do an 8 to 1 dilution (e.g. 1
pint per gallon or 1 quart per 2 gallons)
Old 22-06-2007, 06:17 AM
Registered User

That is very helpful - Thank you!

I never knew how this was calculated before and I think I might understand it now.
Old 22-06-2007, 10:50 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Thanks Doug,
So one would divide 16 into the amount of water/fert required for the
ratio?
What if it was 1 Tablespoon to a gal?
Cheers Wendy (who is having a math mental block)

Old 24-06-2007, 04:44 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids

Thanks Ray, I should have known just to go to your site, also just found a
great little video at
http://www.dramm.com/html/main.isx?sub=76
Thanks again for your help.
Cheers Wendy

HOZON Bill[_3_] Orchids 1 22-06-2007 10:51 PM
Fertilizer ratio with Hozon [email protected] Orchids 1 19-05-2005 05:49 PM
Hozon and fertilizer mix TRAINMAN9 Orchids 1 24-09-2004 01:57 AM
Pump to prime siphon hose Jeff Kessler Ponds 11 28-06-2003 03:56 AM
DIY CO2 tube creating reverse siphon ??? SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 11 20-04-2003 06:17 AM