GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orchid Fever (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/172076-orchid-fever.html)

K Barrett 22-03-2008 05:56 PM

Orchid Fever

Lord almighty, I feel my temperature rising.
Higher higher, its burning through to my soul.
Orchids, orchids. You gonna set me on fire.
My brain is flaming. I dont know which way to go.
These orchids lift me higher. Like the sweet song of a choir.
They light my morning sky with burning love

I got the Carter and Holmes catalog yesterday. What am I thinking? I need
another orchid like a hole in the head. And now I've bought more.[sigh]
But they're sooo cute! There's a cross of Diana's drooler Secret Love with C
violacea that could be quite tasty. Hmmm, Diana's Drooler could be a good
name for it one day.... The page of minicats is quite appealing, too....

When are those tax rebates coming?

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 22-03-2008 06:34 PM

Orchid Fever

Hunka hunka burnin' love! Diana's Drooler, huh? Excellent!

The only problem with the C & H catalog is the size of the plants. I always
have to ask myself if I have the time to wait. But what orchids they are!

Diana

. ..

K Barrett 23-03-2008 04:27 PM

Orchid Fever

Yeah, the plant size ticks me off, too. I miss Stewart's Orchids. Now
There you could buy plants in a 6" pot! But time passes quickly and they
grow. And besides when the heat is on you just sorta lose control, *G*.

I'm in a seedling sort of phase in my collection. I've been buying compots
and flasks of new untried stuff to see if there'll be something awardable
amongst the chaff. Spending a lot of time watching small plants become big
ones. Plus its a challenge keeping all those small pots watered (you know
how I hate to water) But when something unexpectedly comes into bloom I
wonder 'now where'd I get that one?' or 'why'd I only buy one?'. And I've
been tossing out stuff, too. Yeah, I know I'm supposed to pass it along at
the society BBQ, but if I think its crap why give it to a newbie and only
frustrate them?

C&H has 2 minicatts with Precious Katie (one with Mini Purple that isn't in
the main catalog - its in the 'dug ups' section - and one with the
unfortunately named Hobcaw) that look pretty good. Hopefully the plants will
be as nice as the photos of the parents. In all my years of growing I
finally read the catalog to see that they put an 'M' on their mericlones,
LOL!!! I've been trying to avoid mericlones. Sure, they are tried and true
stock, but - I dunno - maybe its a bit of the gold prospector in me. I
wanna see new stuff.

I got my AOS renewal - the 2 yrs for $99 WOC special - with the $30 coupon
(on a $100 purchase). Now I have to buy more! Lord almighty, I feel the
temperature rising....

.. .

K Barrett 23-03-2008 04:33 PM

Orchid Fever

wrote in message

Hrm, the spousal unit appears to have hidden the catalog already.

Gasp! [makes face like catfish gasping for air, picks jaw up off floor]
That's grounds for divorce, ain't it? *G*

When are those tax rebates coming?

May, if the last 2 digits of your SS# are low.
Later if they're high.
No idea what the result is if your SS# is high and your spousal unit's
is low and you filed jointly.
--
Chris Dukes

Hmmmmmm, I'm confused, one digit is high and one is low.... now my head
hurts.... must. buy. more. orchids. Ahhhh, the pain is subsiding already!

jadel[_2_] 24-03-2008 12:34 PM

Orchid Fever

On Mar 22, 1:56*pm, "K Barrett" wrote:
Lord almighty, I feel my temperature rising.
Higher higher, its burning through to my soul.
Orchids, orchids. You gonna set me on fire.
My brain is flaming. I dont know which way to go.
These orchids lift me higher. Like the sweet song of a choir.
They light my morning sky with burning love

I got the Carter and Holmes catalog yesterday. *What am I thinking? *I need
another orchid like a hole in the head. *And now I've bought more.[sigh]
But they're sooo cute! There's a cross of Diana's drooler Secret Love with C
violacea that could be quite tasty. *Hmmm, Diana's Drooler could be a good
name for it one day.... *The page of minicats is quite appealing, too.....

When are those tax rebates coming?

Long after they've already been spent on gasoline.

J. Del Col