GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   copper contaminated water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/21694-copper-contaminated-water.html)

gal 10-05-2003 07:32 PM

copper contaminated water

Hello,

I would like to start using condensation water of my air condition
unit. I know the pipes are made of copper and I know that in theory
this is bad for the plants however I was wondering how much copper
actually goes into the water and is it really at high enough level to
cause damage.

So here is the question – Has anyone tried using condensed water out
of copper pipes and what was the result?

Regards

Gal

Ray @ First Rays Orchids 11-05-2003 04:45 PM

copper contaminated water

Most of the condensation comes from the fins attached to the copper pipe
that contains the refrigerant, and most of the time, they're aluminum.

There can be aluminum toxicity in plants, but I believe that depends on the
pH of the solution being way off from where we use it for plants.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

om...