Old 24-07-2003, 01:12 AM
jim seymour

Default Chicago Growers Show

I 'm wondering if anyone has knowledge/thoughts on the Chicago Orchid
Growers show in Sept. Currently suffering withdrawal since Kensington
Orchids closed and need to visit the midwest anyway. Is it worth scheduling
around the show?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Old 24-07-2003, 05:44 AM
Susan Erickson

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:03:15 -0400, "jim seymour"
wrote:

I 'm wondering if anyone has knowledge/thoughts on the Chicago Orchid
Growers show in Sept. Currently suffering withdrawal since Kensington
Orchids closed and need to visit the midwest anyway. Is it worth scheduling
around the show?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

http://www.orchidfestival.com/
Judge for your self.... Just stay out of our way. We will drive
straight thru from Denver to get there early on Friday. We have
our favorites for shopping, but always make the entire loop. You
know I might accidently win something someday.

It is a must.
SuE
Old 24-07-2003, 01:22 PM
LYNN32141

Oh I'll be in Chicago in September.. How exciting.. Hope I can get there.

Lynn
Old 25-07-2003, 12:42 AM
Karen

jim seymour wrote:
I 'm wondering if anyone has knowledge/thoughts on the Chicago Orchid
Growers show in Sept. Currently suffering withdrawal since Kensington
Orchids closed and need to visit the midwest anyway. Is it worth scheduling
around the show?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

By all means go. I have been there the last several years and it has
been worth it. My two cents.
karen

Old 27-07-2003, 07:12 PM
Steve

Susan! With an endorsement like that, you make me want to go. If I still
lived in central Ohio where I grew up (down the road from Tennis) I
think I would go. From northern NY it's a bit far. Almost as far as from
Denver! ;-)

Steve

Old 27-07-2003, 08:42 PM
LYNN32141

In article , Steve writes:

We will drive
straight thru from Denver to get there early on Friday.

Hubby and I were in Denver a few weeks ago........

Lynn
Old 28-07-2003, 02:12 AM
Susan Erickson

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:08:03 GMT, Steve wrote:

Susan! With an endorsement like that, you make me want to go. If I still
lived in central Ohio where I grew up (down the road from Tennis) I
think I would go. From northern NY it's a bit far. Almost as far as from
Denver! ;-)

Steve

Steve -
The real Kicker is that Oak Hill will be in Denver mid-October
for the Denver Show. But I would not miss Chicagoland for
anything. We used to live in Des Plaines, about midway between
Oak Hill and Hausermann's.

SuE
Old 28-07-2003, 01:02 PM
LYNN32141

In article , Susan Erickson
writes:

Did you enjoy our version of hot summer? No humidity. I should
not say no, I think we are finally up to 21%.

Sue,

I was actually surprized it was as hot as it was THERE when I had just left 90
degree temps in Florida.. hahahaha I was looking forward to cool mountain air.
It was colder in Kansas that morning when we were driving thru.... LOL

lynn