GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Name this Cattleya hybrid (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/45359-name-cattleya-hybrid.html)

sneff 13-10-2003 03:42 PM

Name this Cattleya hybrid

OK, so I know its a million to 1 shot, but does anyone know this hybrid?

http://willowisp.blockstackers.com/i...ode_id=1180811

Thanks for any ideas,

Best, Matthew

Diana Kulaga 13-10-2003 10:22 PM

Name this Cattleya hybrid

Matthew,

I have a Catt that is remarkably like your photo, but it's not yet in bloom
this year (I figure a couple of weeks to go). The cross is Blc. Oconee
'Mendenhall' x Olympic Meadum 'Golden Challenge'. Still, as you say, it's
one chance in a million. I'll post a picture over at abpo when it comes
out.

Diana
s.com...

TRAINMAN9 14-10-2003 01:12 PM

Name this Cattleya hybrid

OK, so I know its a million to 1 shot, but does anyone know this hybrid?

http://willowisp.blockstackers.com/i...ode_id=1180811

Thanks for any ideas,

Best, Matthew

I recognized it right away it is none other than BLC. NDL (No Damn Label) a
cross of C. Lost Tag and BL. NoName.

Matt, it is a very nice flower enjoy it but there is no way in the world that a
hybrid can be positively identified once the tag is lost. It is possible to
identify species but not hybrids.

If you just simply apply a name to it you are doing the growing public and
anyone else who might get a division of the plant a disservice at the very
least.

TRAINMAN9 14-10-2003 08:22 PM

Name this Cattleya hybrid

Ha! Too good! Can I use this in my newsletter?

K Barrett

Be my guest.

K Barrett 14-10-2003 10:13 PM

Name this Cattleya hybrid