Old 13-10-2003, 03:42 PM
sneff

Default Name this Cattleya hybrid

OK, so I know its a million to 1 shot, but does anyone know this hybrid?

http://willowisp.blockstackers.com/i...ode_id=1180811

Thanks for any ideas,

Best, Matthew

Old 13-10-2003, 10:22 PM
Diana Kulaga

Matthew,

I have a Catt that is remarkably like your photo, but it's not yet in bloom
this year (I figure a couple of weeks to go). The cross is Blc. Oconee
'Mendenhall' x Olympic Meadum 'Golden Challenge'. Still, as you say, it's
one chance in a million. I'll post a picture over at abpo when it comes
out.

Diana
s.com...

Old 14-10-2003, 01:12 PM
TRAINMAN9

OK, so I know its a million to 1 shot, but does anyone know this hybrid?

http://willowisp.blockstackers.com/i...ode_id=1180811

Thanks for any ideas,

Best, Matthew

I recognized it right away it is none other than BLC. NDL (No Damn Label) a
cross of C. Lost Tag and BL. NoName.

Matt, it is a very nice flower enjoy it but there is no way in the world that a
hybrid can be positively identified once the tag is lost. It is possible to
identify species but not hybrids.

If you just simply apply a name to it you are doing the growing public and
anyone else who might get a division of the plant a disservice at the very
least.

Old 14-10-2003, 08:22 PM
TRAINMAN9

Ha! Too good! Can I use this in my newsletter?

K Barrett

Be my guest.

Old 14-10-2003, 10:13 PM
K Barrett

Thanks!

"TRAINMAN9" wrote in message
Ha! Too good! Can I use this in my newsletter?

K Barrett

Be my guest.

Scientific Name Eschsclozia californica COMMON NAME CALIFORNIA POPPY Family Name Papavaraceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 4 23-03-2011 06:44 PM
Scientific Name Salvia mellifera COMMON NAME BLACK SAGE Family Name Lamiaceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 1 23-03-2011 08:22 AM
Hybrid Genus name? Ray B Orchids 4 02-06-2007 03:22 PM
Cattleya loddigesii - lovely silky-smooth purple bifoliate cattleya Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 2 05-01-2007 02:04 AM
Cattleya jenmanii - classic large-flowered Cattleya Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 2 02-01-2007 07:55 PM