Old 21-12-2003, 02:42 PM
The Enigma

Default Southern Window

I got my Phal in the southern window is that ok? A slightly yellow ring
has started to form around the rim of the highest left is this normal? In
the southern window it is getting some direct sunlight is that the problem?
If so should I just back it up so it not so close the window?

Thanks
Chris

Old 21-12-2003, 04:42 PM
K Barrett

Is the yellow ring at the base of the leaf where it attaches to the stem or
around the edges (margins) of the leaf?

K Barrett

.com...

Old 22-12-2003, 10:02 PM
K Barrett

I don't think that from light. They'll either turn a reddish color or a
lighter yellow green in response to light.

Any other form of damage to the leaf? Bumping it during the move? Cats
scratching it?

K Barrett

"The Enigma" wrote in message
.com...
Margins or edges of leaf

-Chris

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Is the yellow ring at the base of the leaf where it attaches to the stem

or
around the edges (margins) of the leaf?

K Barrett

.com...

Old 23-12-2003, 12:32 AM
The Enigma

Nope, just filled it yesterday with water have had it for about 2 weeks so
far. What type of light should it be getting? I had it in a southern window
and now have moved it to the opposite side of the room, the room is about 14
feet wide from window to opposing wall.

Should I move my plant back (it's a Phal)? If so, why?

Thanks
Chris
"K Barrett" wrote in message
I don't think that from light. They'll either turn a reddish color or a
lighter yellow green in response to light.

Any other form of damage to the leaf? Bumping it during the move? Cats
scratching it?

K Barrett

"The Enigma" wrote in message
.com...
Margins or edges of leaf

-Chris

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Is the yellow ring at the base of the leaf where it attaches to the

stem
or
around the edges (margins) of the leaf?

K Barrett

.com...

Old 23-12-2003, 03:35 AM
K Barrett

As I said too much light shows as a yellowing over the whole leaf surface or
a redness. So I don't think its light.

But if it makes you feel better (placebo effect) then move your plant back.

K Barrett
. com...

"K Barrett" wrote in message
I don't think that from light. They'll either turn a reddish color or a
lighter yellow green in response to light.

Any other form of damage to the leaf? Bumping it during the move? Cats
scratching it?

K Barrett

"The Enigma" wrote in message
.com...
Margins or edges of leaf

-Chris

"K Barrett" wrote in message
Is the yellow ring at the base of the leaf where it attaches to the

stem
or
around the edges (margins) of the leaf?

K Barrett

"The Enigma" wrote in message
.com...
I got my Phal in the southern window is that ok? A slightly

yellow
ring
has started to form around the rim of the highest left is this

normal?
In
the southern window it is getting some direct sunlight is that the
problem?
If so should I just back it up so it not so close the window?

Thanks
Chris

Nice, inexpensive coldframe for southern climes J Kolenovsky Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:10 AM
New Koi hang out in Southern California for me. Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 4 27-03-2003 01:56 AM
Southern Magnolias Paul Gardening 3 24-03-2003 06:32 AM
Southern Living jammer Gardening 1 20-02-2003 08:51 PM
Rain, rain go away! Damage report from Southern, CA A guy named Emil Roses 2 15-02-2003 07:39 PM