Old 27-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Thailand 'Scab'

I have a few Catts with raised 'scabby' type lesions on the leaves. A local
grower suggested that it might be Thailand Scab. It seems to respond to
alcohol/cinnamon tea, insofar as the tea stops the spread on the plant. For
that reason, I thought I was correct in diagnosing some type of fungus.

Now I wonder. Thoughts, please?

Diana

Old 27-12-2003, 11:32 PM
Steve

My first question would be:
Have the raised lesions spread to previously matured leaves or do they
only show up (as new lesions) on leaves that are just now maturing?
I'm not on the verge of confirming the diagnosis, I've never heard of
the term "Thailand Scab" before.

Steve

Old 28-12-2003, 05:39 PM
K Barrett

I saw something that looked like an upraised warty scab on teh leaves of a
catt (from H&R) and have since found these on some of my other catts. I
thought there was an insect egg in the hollow, but I could be wrong. I just
tore off teh offending leaf and went on my way. It seemed to be self
limiting. However I've heard rumors that there's something new out there. I
wonder if this is it.

K Barrett

Old 28-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Diana Kulaga

Thanks for answering. Steve, the scabby stuff is not unique to new growth;
in fact, if I am vigilant, I think I can keep it off the new growth.
Problem is, I'm seeing a lot of it, and I am very concerned.

Yes, Al, tomorrow I will take photos to post. Hope I can get a good shot of
this. And Kath, it sure doesn't seem to be self limiting. Wish it were.

Diana