GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   potting straight into coconut chips (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/50038-potting-straight-into-coconut-chips.html)

Stuie 10-01-2004 11:02 PM

potting straight into coconut chips

Hey all
Has anyone had experience planting paphs straight into CHC.What were
the results etc.I think learning to water it differently would be the
first step.I have used it for the last few years as an addition and
the plants love it.
Just thinking about it as i go out to start repotting.)-:
STUART
SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

Jerry Hoffmeister 11-01-2004 05:13 AM

potting straight into coconut chips

I use approx 4 parts med chc, 1 part med charcoal and one part med perlite
and my paphs seem to like it. I put most everything else in the same mix
too.

om...

Ray 11-01-2004 03:02 PM

potting straight into coconut chips

Back when I used "organic"-based media, I used a similar blend, but 2:1:1
for more air flow.

s.com...