Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Reka

Well, I am listening to a webcast of the Linfield game (thanks for the
airfare, Al - not!!) ;-), so I am stuck at the computer long enough to
participate in this thread.

Who am I and What Is My Gender?

Reka, female

Where am I? Where do I grow?

Northern Italy, but native of the most beautiful State in the US.
Any available space which gets light. :-) More specifically in a
sunroom with about 8 1/2 feet of windowsill and over 65 square feet of
windows facing SSW, plus a cart with 4 24x14" shelves and one each 24"
cool and warm fluorescent on each shelf. The orchids wander out onto
two balconies, N & S in the summer. Somehow, they just don't all fit
back into the sun room again after summer.?!*#

What do I grow?

About 85 total: Phalaenopsis, Oncidium alliance, Cattleya alliance
and a few assorted jokers.

The decade of my age?

Top of the fourth and the bases are loaded!

How long have I been growing orchids?

Well, I got my first one about twenty years ago, but as my
apartment was so dark, I finally got really going on them eleven years
ago when we bought our current sunny apartment.

My biggest orchid accomplishment(s)?

Killing the most expensive and hard to get orchid I have ever had.
It steels you for many things to come...

Miscellaneous Info...

I find caring for my orchids to be excellent therapy, somewhat like
yoga, only more exciting when you find development where you never
expected it.