GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Safe to mount Phal. species in spike? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/51416-safe-mount-phal-species-spike.html)

Dustin 31-01-2004 08:54 PM

Safe to mount Phal. species in spike?

Hello, I have several phal species that have spikes without developed
buds on them. I want to get them mounted so that I can get them on the
same watering schedule as the rest of my mounted phals.
I know that some phals never loose their old spikes, they just keep
growing new ones. Is it safe to mount them when they have an old, but
healthy spike? I don't want to disturb the plant too much, I just dont
like phals potted in spag because I water too often.

The species that I am looking to mount are inscriptiosinensis,
bornensis, pallens and zebrina.

Thanks
Dustin