GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fragrant vanda? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/53024-fragrant-vanda.html)

kenty ;-\) 19-02-2004 10:01 PM

Fragrant vanda?

Hi Everyone,Are there any fragrant vandas ?I am thinking of getting princess
mikasa,this will be my first vanda.I know this one isn't fragrant.

--
Thanks Keith

Kenni Judd 19-02-2004 10:41 PM

Fragrant vanda?

V. tessellata, V. denisoniana, and many of their hybrids are fragrant, as
are Rhy. coelestis and gigantea and many of their hybrids, and quite a few
of the Aerides species.

But Ascda. Princess Mikasa is an excellent choice for a first "vanda" --
easy to grow and very free-flowering.

Good growing,

--
Kenni Judd
Juno Beach Orchids

http://www.jborchids.com

Diana Kulaga 20-02-2004 12:19 AM

Fragrant vanda?

Princess Mikasa may not be fragrant, but it blooms for us constantly! No
sooner than a spike wilts, another is coming. The Princess Mikasa series
(there are several colors) is a very rewarding way to grow Vandas!

Diana

"kenty ;-)" wrote in message
Thanks Kenni for your advice!

--
Thanks Keith
. ..

tennis maynard 20-02-2004 04:12 AM

Fragrant vanda?

kenty ;-) wrote:

Hi Everyone,Are there any fragrant vandas ?I am thinking of getting princess
mikasa,this will be my first vanda.I know this one isn't fragrant.

Yes.See my post with pics on abpo where you cross-posted.

Mick Fournier 20-02-2004 02:19 PM

Fragrant vanda?

Keith,

Vanda coerulescens smells great.