Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2004, 06:32 AM
Shell

Default Changing to lava rock questions

I've changed nearly everything I have over to lava rock and I have a few
questions.

1. Do paphs and phrags do well in lava? (thought I'd ask first before just
changing since these are my most expensive plants)

2. Will a bulbo do ok in lava?

3. How about phals in lava?

4. Is there anything that shouldn't go into lava rock?

And a last question not about lava rock. I have a dend. unicum which has
lost all but one leaf and has all these little bitty wiry looking slightly
knobly new growths on the canes. Now these canes are small, less than 12
inches high, and I know that dend. unicum looses its leaves when its about a
year old. The question is since these growths are all up and down the
canes, could these be flower spikes forming? If so I expext a major bloom
from this plant

Shell

Lava rock cleaning? Tom Wikoff Ponds 14 24-03-2004 02:00 PM
Lava rock cleaning? Tom Wikoff Ponds 0 19-03-2004 03:24 AM
suggestions regarding red lava rock as a mulch? Naomi Glass Gardening 5 15-07-2003 05:02 PM
Lava Rock Debra Lewis Orchids 6 11-06-2003 02:20 AM
Bio-filters and lava rock O3raledale Ponds 8 30-05-2003 05:08 PM