Old 08-03-2004, 03:02 PM
J Fortuna

Default Phal leuchorroda ?

[I am double-posting this message to rgo, so that this thread gets archived.
This is a thread started on abpo]

Claude,

Hmm, very interesting. Does the Syn. stand for "synonym"?

Phal philippinensis certainly seems to result in a lot more search results
in google. Also, http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~fk8t-tnk/q-phi.htm for example
seems to confirm Rod's statement about phal philippinensis being a natural
hybrid of Phal.amabilis var.aphrodite X Phal.schilleriana -- and this site
even mentions the alternative name, spelling it "leucorhoda" though. Many
sites however just list phal philippinensis as a species phal.

I wonder whether there is debate about this being a natural hybrid or a
separate species, or whether those who identify this as a species just do so
to simplify the description?

Joanna

"Claude" wrote in message
s.com...
This is what I found:

Phal. leuchorroda Syn. Phal. philippinensis

the site:
http://www.sorellaorchids.com/orchid_list.htm

Hope this help!

Claude

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...ers.com&rnum=1
| Best,
| Joanna
|
| "wendy7" wrote in message
| This phal is labelled Phal. leuchorroda. Have not found any info on
| it? It is mounted on a 5x6" piece of cork bark.
| It has mottled leaves and two spikes, one is more
| pink?
| --
| Cheers Wendy
|
| Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Another shot of leuchorroda Wendy7 Orchid Photos 1 26-03-2008 08:46 PM
Phal. leuchorroda Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 25-03-2008 03:03 AM
Kingidium (syn. Phal.) deliciosum x Phal. minus danny Orchid Photos 1 16-11-2006 01:03 PM
Phal leuchorroda ? J Fortuna Orchids 12 09-03-2004 04:09 AM
Phal leuchorroda ? J Fortuna Orchids 0 08-03-2004 02:24 PM