GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Orchid Shops (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchids/59627-orchid-shops.html)

Dicky 22-04-2004 10:10 AM

Orchid Shops

Are there any Orchid Shops in US or other countries that near Hong Kong can
accept ordering paphs?
Or are there any shop owners can contact me for ordering Paphs from foreign
countries, because i cannot find these paphs in Hong Kong. Even though hong
kong orchid shops have, they are quit expensive.
1). Paph. bellatulum var. alba
2). Paph. druryi
3). Paph. leucochilum var. alba
4). Paph. fairrieanum
I know Australia - P & R orchids have one of these
paphs - Paph. druryi cost $15 - $18. But there have no response when i have
sent there an email.
Please HELP!!!!
--
---

Visit this website to get more information about gardening and buy flowers
securely!
http://www.dickyhorticulture.freehomepage.com

Ray 22-04-2004 11:02 AM

Orchid Shops

Technically, one cannot sell paphs internationally, as all are CITES Appendix I plants.

http://www.cites.org/eng/append/index.shtml

.. . . . . . . . . . .

Rob Halgren 22-04-2004 03:02 PM

Orchid Shops

Ray wrote:

Technically, one cannot sell paphs internationally, as all are CITES Appendix I plants.

http://www.cites.org/eng/append/index.shtml

Doesn't that apply to just species? I can order hybrids out of Taiwan
or Thailand... At least I think I can. Or flasked material. Haven't
tried it yet, but I've considered it.

Of course that doesn't help Dicky since he wants species. Perhaps you
can order them in flask? In this case patience is a virtue, but most of
those species will bloom a couple years out of flask.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit

theoneflasehaddock 26-04-2004 04:08 AM

Orchid Shops

Subject: Orchid Shops
From: Rob Halgren
Date: 4/22/2004 8:54 AM Central Daylight Time
Ray wrote:

Technically, one cannot sell paphs internationally, as all are CITES

Appendix I plants.

http://www.cites.org/eng/append/index.shtml

Doesn't that apply to just species? I can order hybrids out of Taiwan
or Thailand... At least I think I can. Or flasked material. Haven't
tried it yet, but I've considered it.

Of course that doesn't help Dicky since he wants species. Perhaps you
can order them in flask? In this case patience is a virtue, but most of
those species will bloom a couple years out of flask.

As long as they are grown from flask, and apply for a CITES permit (which can
cost a bit of money) it's possible.

And as you said, hybrids are exempt.

-

theoneflasehaddock